Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rockstars...






So it took me forever to begin this thing and now I officially suck at it; Hainan is going to have to wait until I feel like remembering... until then...

My kids are rockstars. My objective for coming to China as a teacher was as a means to an end; I wanted to travel, I needed a year away from school, but with the $_ _,_ _ _ amount of money I stilled owed for my undergrad it would not be possible without a job of sorts. Teaching seemed like an 'easy' in. Well I now understand that although 'easy' may not be the best word for the job, I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it.


I am teaching 4 classes each of grades 2-4; and one class each of grade 1, 5, and 6. But my grade 3's, are my favorite, 5 and 6 are a close second, my grade 4's are pretty much all monsters, and my 1 and 2's are adorable, but the only sentences they kind of understand are: What is your name? and How are you? (which I don't think really counts because the only answer they know is 'Fine, and you?' )




No comments: